Your privacy is our priority
Your privacy is extremely important to us. We are committed to protecting any personal information you’ve given us, and we aim to comply with all relevant data protection laws. This means that:
• We take full responsibility for the information we hold about you.
• We will protect your privacy at all times.
• We will never sell your personal information.
Why do we collect your data?
We collect personal data so that we can fulfil our purposes safely and legally as a charitable organisation. This includes the day-to-day running of the Mission, providing information to our supporters, training our Evangelists and Associate workers,
monitoring and assessing the quality of our services and complying with the law regarding data sharing. In legal terms this is called ‘legitimate interests’. We do not share your information with others except as described in this notice.
The categories of information that we may collect, hold and share include:
• Personal information (such as name, telephone number, email and postal address, medical information).
• Characteristics (such as gender, ethnicity, language, nationality, country of birth).
Storing your data
We hold your data for varying lengths of time depending on the type of information in question but in doing so we always comply with Data Protection legislation.
Who do we share your information with?
We will not share your information with third parties without your consent unless the law requires us to do so. Within The Open-Air Mission your data will be shared with those for whom it is deemed necessary to run a safe and efficient team (such as Office Administrators, Committee members, Evangelists and Associate workers) this is on a year by year basis.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under Data Protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information contact our Office at email@example.com
You also have the right to:
• request a record of all data we keep about you
• object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
• prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
• object to decisions being taken by automated means
• in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
• claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection Officer.
For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information and your rights to access information we hold on you please contact our office.
If you have a concern about the way we collect or use your personal data, or would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice you should raise your concern with our office staff in the first instance on firstname.lastname@example.org. Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk/concerns/.